Thursday, June 18, 2009

Can I bottle this?

The creativity muse has been visiting...




I have been fervently working on a quilt for Mr. Henry. She picked out all of the fabrics and the pattern; it is vibrant pinks and greens with deep chocolate browns for contract. It is lovely. It is a simple bricks and blocks pattern, but the simplicity really sets off the colors. She really wanted penguin fabric for the backing but I couldn't find any in the in right color way. However, I did find an penguin applique pattern. So, I have some pop art styled penguins for the back. She will be so surprised. Photos to come upon completion!




I also ordered some charm packs of Erin McMorris' Park Slope line. I love the colors and pop art style. It is very 70's. I am making a bag and a quilt for me. I haven't made a quilt just for me in almost 10 years! The quilt is going to be for my office; I get cold working in the winter. My office is currently just a bland yellow/gold. I am definitely going to add color with this line!




I also just finished a photography project. I went through all the photos I have of the girls and selected my favorite 16. I then cropped and tinted them. They all went into a photo montage for the front of the new jewelry box my husband gave me for mother's day.


I wish I could bottle whatever it is that gives me these bursts of creative energy. I guess I just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment