Thursday, May 7, 2009

Challenge Day 1

Well, I did it. I managed to do 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes of exercises on the stability ball. I stayed away from chocolate as well. This was not easy! I am a complete Chocoholic!

We tried the best recipe last night--California Bowls. It has all the ingredients of a California roll, but in a bowl. There was sushi rice (I made mine with brown rice), imitation crab, shredded carrots, cucumber sticks, green onion and avocado. You put all of this in a bowl and top it with a dressing made with chicken broth, soy sauce and wasabi. Seriously, the best thing I have tried in a while. Everyone enjoyed it. I think this may become a summer favorite.

I am working on a quilt for my oldest daughter, Mr. Henry. It is an easy pattern, blocks and bricks, but it is going together well. I haven't created a quilt without a direct pattern in a while, so it is a great exercise in creativity. This is someting I really needed. I feel like I get caught up in the black/white, numbers in boxes world of work too often and lose touch with my creative streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment